Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Monday, January 27, 2014

Teaching Kids

Sorry I don't have a lot of time today, but that's ok because not a whole lot happened this week! 
This week we spent a bunch of time tracting and trying to find new investigators, because our teaching pool has been so small! We also had to drop a couple investigators because they aren't progressing anymore and won't go to church or read our assignments. But hopefully some of the people we found this week will make up for that! We found quite a few people this week, even some previous investigators that we didn't even know about, and they still had an interest in the Gospel! I also learned this week that I don't think I could be a school teacher, because some of the investigators we are teaching right now are kids and keeping them focused is super hard. So I've had the idea to make a sticker chart for their Book of Mormon reading with a prize at the end. I also have to bring candy to the lessons to keep them focused at times. But it should pay off soon! This week I also almost fell into the water because a bridge broke on me. There are some houses here that are on stilts because when it is high tide, the ground gets covered with water. So they use planks to get from the mainland to their houses, and I guess I was too heavy and one of them snapped so I almost fell in! But luckily I caught myself.
We have also started trying to find some new ways to find investigators, so we may be opening a Scripture study or English Class soon! Pretty exciting.
Highlights of the week were our Zone Conference, where we got to here some awesome messages from President Reeder and the Assistants, but I will share more on that next week. We also got to attend a baptism this week which was really cool! Well I have to go now, but I love you all and will send more next week!

1/19/14
Pulang Daga, or "red earth".  In the local dialect and where we do our baptisms

No comments:

Post a Comment