Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Challenges that help us grow...

Well just another quick update this week. My computer just barely crashed. I love Philippines internet shops.
This week turned out to be a super rough week for us here in San Fernando. We had a day or two that went really great, but more often than not, we hardly got anything going for us. We tried to shift our focus temporarily onto some of the less actives in our area, including a member of the branch presidency, but it didn't seem to go anywhere. I felt like we gave great messages, really tried to bring the Spirit, but just could not make anything happen. Our attendance at the branch hit a low for my time here of 36. The Previous to Stake Conference last week we were nearly at 60. We also couldn't get any investigators to church, despite promises that they would be here. Missionary work can be pretty rough.
I'm still happy to be here though. At least I have a challenge to help me grow. We may just drop some of our investigators and start fresh for a bit. Go spend a few days just finding. Many of those we are teaching have been stuck in the same place for months now, and aren't really willing to change. Elder Lapana and I have some goals to go and find some families that we can teach. Most people here won't be taught as full families, usually because the father runs away. Hopefully with the guidance of the Spirit we can be led to someone who really needs to here from us. 
Hope you're all still doin great! Love you!

6/23/14

 Guto.  People eat these!

No comments:

Post a Comment