Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Monday, March 2, 2015

1 Transfer Down




So I finally completed my first transfer here in the office! And it went by super fast. So I think I'm starting to get an idea of how fast the next few will go. We are going to be even more busy this transfer with 2 Zone Conferences a week, exchanges, other meetings, and hopefully baptisms! Last week alone was full with taking the departing missionaries to the airport, having the transfer day, and picking up the new missionaries. We only got 5 new ones this transfer; 3 Filipino/Filipinas and 2 foreigners. One of those is a big guy from New Zealand who has been playing professional rugby for a year or so. Really awesome guy, smiling the whole time. I was hoping to play a bit of rugby with him, but he got sent up to the farthest area of the mission so that probably won't be happening anytime soon. haha. It was sad taking all of the missionaries home, and I'll miss all of them, but it seems like their already doin great back home. 
As for this week, there's still a ton for us to do. Tomorrow we have Mission Leadership Council, 2 exchanges in the far zones again (I'll try harder to break the record this time), and a zone training. It's going to be super tiring I think, but I'm still excited for it.
Anika said last week she hit her four month mark in the mission. Well, yesterday I hit my four month mark too...but mine is for time I have left. That's so close and weird to think about. But I'm glad we still are doing a ton to keep busy so I'll try not to think about it too much. Yesterday we also had stake conference and heard some great talks. A few of our investigators came to church as well, and 2 of those we were really surprised to see. One of them was the wife of our investigator Rafael. Until this point she hasn't really been open to hearing from us, but apparently she volunteered to come to church the other day with her husband and kids! So there's some potential there we think, we just haven't taught her yet. We also made the decision to have Carlito's daughter baptized on the same day as him so they can work together on preparing forMarch 28th as their date. We just need to find the time to teach them!
Hope you're all doing great. Love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment