Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Wednesday, November 19, 2014


Hey Everyone.
So another week that went by super fast. We mostly just kept up the same
work we've had going for the past couple weeks and saw some really good
progress with our investigators. There baptisms should be coming up within
the next couple weeks if everything works out. We also had a family of less
actives come to church that haven't been able to come in a long time. The
father had a stroke over a year ago, and is able to walk now, but it's
really slow and he struggles. But They made it to church! And their son
came, and he's about the age to be preparing for a mission, so we hope to
begin work on that with him soon. He had plans originally, but then left to
go work for a few months.
We did struggle with one less active family this week. We aren't really
sure what happened, but they've turned pretty cold all of the sudden. We
went to their house, and saw them in the doorway, but they didn't see us
yet. I told my companion to wait until they were out of sight, because I
wanted to see if they would hide (Filipinos will rarely reject you, they
just hide instead). Well, I was correct. They sent their son out to say
they were gone, then we told him we saw them and he panicked and didn't
know what to do. Then I found the dad trying to escape by crawling under
the wall (He also seemed a little drunk), so I guess they really didn't
want to talk. Hope we can figure out what's goin on there.
I did a lot better this week about trying to be loving, and I guess found
that that's the key to everything. You have to go out with a good attitude
or you're going to have a terrible day no matter what happens. On the other
hand, as you look at people for who they are, and what their potential is,
it makes it a lot harder to get mad at them. Sometimes it's still sad to
see people wasting that potential through drinking or disobedience or
whatever it is, but I do what I can to help them try to work it out.
Well I love you all! Have a great week, and I'll have more next P Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment