Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"I think when Elder Holland has free time, he goes off and hunts Satan"

Hey Everyone!
So another week down, went by pretty fast. But we saw some super awesome
things, that I can't describe in detail right now, but basically a less
active member has completely flipped his life around within just a couple
days and is working his way towards being active and worthy to baptize his
son. He's so far gone 5 days without smoking, which is huge for him, and he
seems more determined than I've ever seen him to get his family to accept
the gospel and eventually be sealed! We also had a few investigators at
church, so they are staying on track to be baptized on the 29th if
everything else continues to run smoothly (please pray for that). Another
investigator didn't come because she said she was going to visit her Born
Again church for the last time, to tell them she's not coming back because
she's getting baptized with the Mormons. We had a pretty good laugh at that
one, because we just imagined how that conversation might go. After all the
singing and dancing that they do there, when it all quiets down and
everyone is feelin' good, she'll just randomly say to the pastor she's not
coming back and then walk out. She's also kind of old, so I think that just
adds to it.
Besides all that, everything still seems to be going well. Just goin at it
day by day. It's crazy how fast some days fly by, but other days honestly
just drag on, especially the ones where I'm struggling not to throw the
kids into fields. But I've held off on that so far, so I guess my patience
is building. I think I'm just going to try and kill them with kindness or
something. Buy 'em candy or something maybe. I don't know, but maybe
there's something to being Christlike that might do the trick. Just have to
think of what that might be.
Also quote for my week that I heard on exchanges:
"I think when Elder Holland has free time, he goes off and hunts Satan."
Love you all, and I'll talk to ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment