Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Monday, September 22, 2014

My Surgery in the Philippines

No I didn't actually have surgery here. I just wanted Mom to have a small heart attack when she read the subject line haha.
Good last week for me here in San Fernando. On Saturday I found out that I would be transferred to a new area, which I will be going to tomorrow. Still don't know where I'll be goin or who I'll be with but that's part of the fun right?
Our week wasn't super eventful, but we were able to visit a lot of the members and work with a few of our investigators which is nice. Problem is, one of them left for Manila early in the week because her daughter there is sick, so...I guess we'll teach her when she's back haha. But we are still working with her family that is still here. We also finally figured things out with one investigator, Louie. He's been on the fence for a bit about moving to another town for college, so we weren't really sure what to do with him. But he finally decided to stay in our area for a few months at least. He's golden, already completely believes in everything and has a great testimony and desire to know more and completely follow what we teach him. He already looks forward to an eternal marriage (I think he's 19). He has some funny questions about the church though, just because he's still really unfamiliar with a lot of things. "Do we believe in Christmas in this church?" I just like the way he says it, because it's not "your church" but "our church".
Anyway, like I said I'll be leavin tomorrow, off to a different place! One thing that was interesting was talking with some of the missionaries that will be going home tomorrow. I realized how much I'll miss some of them, and that that will be me in just 9 and a half months. So I guess I better work even harder; there's not much time left! Love you all, have a great week!

9/8/14

No comments:

Post a Comment