Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Monday, January 19, 2015

Last Transfer


Heeeey everyone. So I found out where I'm transferred to. A little surprising, but I'll say that later. First about my last night in Goa.
So last week I ended up spending most of the day packing and getting ready for the transfer point, and we set up some time to go and visit Abby, Carlo, Chris, and Jane. They were happy to have us over again, and we had a cool lesson about prayer and asking God about whether it's all true. Abby at first told us she hadn't asked if it's true, so we were thinking something had gone wrong and asked her why. She then told us that she wasn't asking about it in her prayers anymore, just saying thanks that she has found the truth. So she say she doesn't need to ask if it's true anymore. Pretty cool right? Then I got transferred.
Well here's the news on the transfer. I'm in the office now as one of the assistants, with Elder Saddi from Manila as my companion. And it's been a waaaay busy week, that I'll try to sum up really quickly. For us, we are basically working a full schedule in our area, just like all of the other missionaries. Unless we have a specific thing we need to get done, or meetings to go to. Problem is, our area is super small and has been tracted out a hundred and one times. But it's still pretty cool, and we have some awesome people we are teaching.
Well one of the first things we did after transfers was a meeting with President Reeder about closing areas in 6 weeks because of missionaries going home; which to close, where to expand areas, who will take others places, where they will live and all of that stuff. Then Wednesday we took all the departing missionaries to the airport, and picked up the new arrivals, five missionaries, with only 2 from Provo MTC. We then had to give a workshop for them and the trainers (one of them was my former companion and another from my last zone) and then send them on their way. Thursday was mostly working in the area. Then Friday, I finally got my license again! After sitting at the Philippine version of the DMV for a couple hours (same as ours but way more noisy and confusing), and arguing a bit about my Utah license, I was good to go and got a nice big ol van to drive around. This came in handy yesterday when we had to go pick up some sister missionaries in the middle of a mild typhoon (we were all on lockdown) because a river was flooding over into their house.
So it was kind of a crazy week, and super tiring, but still really awesome. It's cool to work a little more with President Reeder and the other missionaries in the office. The senior couple from my first area just got put in the office with us, and they are awesome too. Bonus: I felt hot water coming out of a faucet for the first time in 18 months, not to mention having air conditioning. I'm excited to see more of the mission and work with all these new people, but I'm still a little lost. I'll get the hang of it at some point. Especially the driving. There are absolutely no laws here, so hopefully I won't get hit by a bus or anything. Anyways, that's mostly all I've got for the week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment