Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Monday, January 12, 2015

Well....I'm Transferred



Well...... I'm transferred. That's a little unexpected for me. I've only been here in Goa for one transfer and it's been awesome, but then we got the call this morning and I am outta here. Still not really sure where yet, I'll get that tomorrowmorning at let you all know as soon as possible. BUT it's gonna be kinda hard leaving here, especially after the awesome week we had.
So we started off with an awesome MLC where we got to talk about some of the ways to improve the mission. It went way well, and President really liked a lot of the things we had been doing with the zone. We also worked together to set new goals for the mission as a whole, with a big focus on finding, and how we need to raise the expectations for ourselves in order to push ourselves to improve. President Reeder then told us the trick to finding is to have FAITH, FOCUS, and to be FEARLESS. We need to trust that if we put for the effort, everything will click and things will get rolling. Then we also need to actually put together plans to make it happen. Then once we are out doing the work, put everything else behind and just do what we are supposed to. Really cool.
Well that set the tone a bit for our week as we prepared for a Zone Training, set zone goals, and went to work in our area. When we did the simple preparation, we were blessed a ton to get new investigators and see others progress. We taught some awesome lessons to our Golden Investigators, Abby, Carlo, Chris, and Jane, who also invited two of their friends to come and join the lessons. They completely understood everything we taught, and said they are ready for baptism. (Too bad I won't be here for that.) We also taught a family referral and that went awesome. Our newly called Elder's Quorum President and his wife (both still just coming out of less activity) came to the lesson for fellowship and to help teach. It went super well, and they are working towards baptism now. Besides that, we were able to work some with the ward to get things moving in other ways, and I think the work is about to start booming here.
We also had a cool broadcast from the area presidency here about the plans for the Philippines, and it seems like they've got some great ideas to try to clean up some of the problems here, and make everything run more smoothly and efficiently.
But anyway, I know I'm supposed to leave, so it's all good. I'm happy to be able to go and serve somewhere else and I hope that I will be of help to wherever I'm called. I love you all, and I'll let you know soon where I'll be off to!

No comments:

Post a Comment