Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Sunday, January 25, 2015


So this week went by suuuuper fast because we had a ton of time for work and had two exchanges with different zone leaders and we got a ton done. We ended up super blessed in all of our lessons and finding efforts. We committed 9 different people to be baptized! Crazy. I don't know how many of those will pan out, but still glad they accepted the invitation. One of them was yesterday when we just randomly happened upon some old lady who had been taught before. She's been reading the BOM way often and said she knows it's true "always and forever". I guess she's been praying we would find her again so she could be baptized. So that was a miracle. We also had 4 investigators come to church and the ward did an awesome job fellowshipping and everything. And I had real chocolate milk for the first time since I left the MTC so that was pretty awesome too.
One of the cool parts of the week was spending some time with one of the elders here from mainland China. He's got a super awesome story and is one of my favorite missionaries here. Super Christlike and everything. It's cool how he overcame the language barrier seeing as he had to overcome English AND Tagalog. Really cool guy.
For the next week, we are goin to be super busy. Tomorrow we have a training thing for all of the District leaders in the mission. Wednesday we have to take missionaries to the airport to get visa stuff done, then pick them up again the next day. On top of that we will probably be having several meetings about the upcoming transfers, because President has already started assigning. So I'm pretty excited, but I think it will be awesome.
Anyway, I love you all and can't wait to tell you how my next week goes! And I'm dying sitting in air conditioning during studies. I don't know what to do once I'm home haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment