Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Easter in the Philippines

Sorry everyone, but I ran really short on time again this week! Had to
travel a lot, so it took up a big chunk of my P Day! Holy Week here
was pretty good, but things also got kinda crazy so we had a curfew on
a couple of days because there were so many drunks and people were out
in the streets whipping themselves for Christ. Not exactly the safest
environment, although most drunks here are super friendly.
Anyway I know I wanted to talk a little more about conference, (I know
that was a while ago for all of you) so I will for sure do it next
week! Sorry! I think next week I will try to focus on Elder Bednar's
and Elder Hallstrom's talks, with a little bit about patience.


Hallstrom's quote that stood out to me was "Who you are is not who you
can be come" and Bednar's was about traction. Next week I want to talk
about how that traction (our trials, hardships) help us to become who
we can be. I saw two Mormon Message videos about patience that really
stood out to me, especially one that said blessings don't always come
when we want them most, but they always come when we need them most.
But we don't always know when that is. Even then, some blessings we
won't receive until the next life. Which is what I'm going to talk
about next week, so I'm sorry if this is confusing. It will make more
sense next time.
This week was really slow, so I don't have a lot to talk about, but I
love you all and I'm excited to hear from you next week!
Elder Van Boerum

3/21/14


No comments:

Post a Comment