Elder Van Boerum

Elder Van Boerum

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Handmade Machetes

Hey everyone I don't have a whole lot to report this week. Work was super slow because we had to spend a lot of time working with the new sisters in our area. Two of the elders in my apartment got transferred to another zone, because the sister's area wasn't safe, so we got the sisters as their replacements. The don't know their area at all so we had to show them around everywhere. Besides that we had service projects, exchanges and all that fun stuff. One really great thing that did come out of the week is that one of our investigator families came to church yesterday! They are really great and told us they are really searching for the true church and seemed to enjoy meeting some of the members. They already have questions about baptism, so we plan on inviting them this week. 

One thing that isn't so great about the upcoming week is that...I'm getting a new companion. There was an emergency exchange in another area so one of them will be coming to be my new companion here in San Fernando. I know it's going to be kind of challenging, because I'm still pretty new to the area. But I'm up for the challenge and plan on doing what I'm supposed to do. Missionary work. We rarely get to chose what challenges come our way or when they come, we just have to know that the Lord trusts us to handle them and grow from them. I know whatever happens was meant to be and is just a part of the plan that was made for me before I even came to Earth. I can't choose what comes my way, but I can choose what to make of it. And I plan on making a struggling area into a successful one, no matter what setbacks come.
Love you all and hope you're doin great!

5/25/14

No comments:

Post a Comment